The following list of links are my personal favorites. I will be adding to this list frequently so if anyone has a suggestion of a link they would like to see added feel free to drop me a line.
Invaluable Links for the Serious Researcher
- Genealogists Sites of Interest
- Ancestry.com * Billions of names are listed here. An extensive database for serious genealogists looking for the hard to find family members. Requires small membership fee. Prominently featured in the TLC series, "Who Do You Think You Are?".
- Family Tree Resource at Ancestry.com * Another fabulous product brought to you by Ancestry.com. Easy to use tree builder that begins with one name. Every name is another piece of the story. As they say, "The story of your family is the story of you".
- Cyndi's List * Cyndi's List has been a trusted genealogy research site for more than 17 years. Cyndi's List is free for everyone to use and it is meant to be your starting point when researching online.
- DistantCousin.com DistantCousin is an online archive of genealogy records and scanned images of historical documents from a wide variety of sources, such as newspaper obituaries, city directories, census records, ship lists, school yearbooks, military records, and more. In all, we have more than 10 million genealogy records from over 4,273 sources online. There are no fees or memberships required to use the records at DistantCousin. We are a free genealogy library bringing new resources online regularly.
- Family Search * The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints volunteer website. It's all about family. FamilySearch is a nonprofit family history organization dedicated to connecting families across generations. FamilySearch believes that families bring joy and meaning to life.
- GenForum * A genealogy forum that allows Jenks', and other surnames, to post messages and chat on-line with other enthusiasts. A powerful tool for finding and keeping in touch with like-minded researchers.
- Higginson Book Company * Over 10,000 books for purchase in an easy-to-search format. Specializing in genealogy and history. Hard to find copies at a click.
- HomeAdvisor * History at Home: A Guide to Genealogy. A very useful start guide for genealogy enthusiasts. A generously shared link by a class of future genealogists!
- MyTrees.com * Mytrees.com offers you incredible, simple ways to research genealogy and ancestry. You can quickly and simply sort through billions of records.
- American Ancestors * Founded in 1845, New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) is the country?s leading resource for family history research. We help genealogists of all skill levels improve their knowledge and understanding of their family and its place in history. Although our name says New England, we provide expertise and research in nearly all aspects of family history, from 17th-century colonial New England through twentieth-century immigration research.
We maintain our award-winning website, AmericanAncestors.org, as the online repository for more than 200 million searchable names covering New England, New York, and beyond.
- UK Birth Certificates * We are a team of expert researchers specialising in acquiring replacement birth certificates, replacement marriage certificates, and replacement death certificates for ENGLAND, WALES, SCOTLAND, and NORTHERN IRELAND.
- UK Geneology * Start your family tree for FREE at Genes Reunited and search over 515 million family history records and start connecting with family past and present.
- Other Sites of Interest
- Castles of Wales * Explore some of the most impressive monuments of the Middle Ages.
- Jenks, Oklahoma * Money Magazine named Jenks, Oklahoma one of “The Country’s Best Places to Live” in 2007.
- Saugus Iron Works * Explore the birthplace of the American iron and steel industry.
- Virtual Shropshire * Welcome to Virtual Shropshire, everyone's favourite tourism and leisure guide for Shropshire and the Welsh Borders.